Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hello and Welcome!

This is my first post on Habit Designs so lets have a little introduction. :)

My name is Jody and I am a graduate of The Art Institute of Atlanta with a degree in Interior Design. I live in Cumming, Georgia with my wonderful husband David and three children. I have always had a passion for design and decorating. Knew exactly what I wanted to do getting out of high school. College was a great experience for me and I was so sure I would be working in the design world upon graduation.

But, life sometimes has other plans. I married my husband David in July '05 and June '06 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. In between that I graduated college, we moved twice, and I decided that I didn't want someone else raising my child. I just couldn't send her off and miss all of the growing up she has done the past three years. Not the easiest decision for me, I have given up so much in order to be home with my kids. But we have been so lucky to be able to have this option.

However, I still feel like a designer and have been missing terribly everything related to designing. You would think I would find a hobby or something. I did. Knitting. And it is very relaxing for me. But I still needed to create something else. Something that had to with walls and floors and fabrics and finishes. I have been very focused on my children, and now it is time to take a bit of myself for me.

Blogging wasn't something I was looking into doing but then someone I know posted a link to a wonderful decorating blog. It inspired me. I had to do that too. From there I went blog hopping, which is quite time consuming, and found so many great ideas and resources. I want this blog to also be a great resource for others. This won't be taking huge amounts of my time in the beginning because I have to slowly build up to this. But I am so excited about what I can do for others here.

Which brings me to my next point, if you have read this far. I want your input. Love something here? Hate it? Let me know! Have a design question? Need ideas on how to decorate? Send me an email at jody@habitdesigns.com and I will send you an answer. If it is something I think would be great for others to know I will feature your question and answer on the blog.

I am also going to be picking up a new book every month to review. It will be all about books related to design. This could be a DIY book or a coffee table book of beautiful spaces. They will vary based on what my local library has, what looks interesting to me, and my motivation for finishing the book. :) But I do promise to find a new book every month to feature.

This is going to be a lot of fun. I hope that you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment